Skip to content

Returning Students

UTA students cheer during the Activities Fair Day

Information for Returning Students

UTA understands that sometimes challenges arise that prevent you from continuing your degree. When that happens, we're here to help you get back on track, back in classes, and across the stage at graduation as soon as possible.

Returning Students

You're a returning student, or former student, if you have not been enrolled at UTA for one calendar year. You must reapply for admission by submitting a new Apply Texas application and a new application fee to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration. Applications are being accepted for future terms.

Apply Now

Returning students with no new coursework

If you have not attended another college or university since last attending UTA you only need to submit a new application and pay the application fee. We encourage you to apply by the preferred application deadline date to ensure adequate processing time.

Returning students with new coursework

If you have attended another college or university since last attending UTA. You will need to submit a new application and pay the application fee. You must also submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended since last being enrolled at UTA. 

We will accept transcripts by mail or in person, however the best and fastest method is electronically--sent directly from your school.  

You can review course transferability online or by contacting your admission counselor.

Find Your Counselor Transfer Equivalency Guide Articulation Agreements

Academic probation/Suspension

You may be required to obtain special permission to re-enroll from either the academic dean's office in your intended major or from the University Advising Center if you were placed on academic probation or suspension at UTA. This requirement will be on your To-Do list in MyMav, if required.

Information About Suspension/Dismissal

Continuing Students

You are a continuing student if you have been officially enrolled at UTA during the calendar year and you are in good academic standing. You will not need to reapply for admission in order to re-enroll in classes. You should meet with your academic advisor prior to registration. If you attended another college or university during this time you will need to submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions, Records, and Registration.

For more detailed information about returning to UTA please review the University Catalog. 

Former and Continuing Student Catalog Article